Renn Faire Privateer Gone Mom.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Letter to my Best Friend

My Dearest, Most Cherished Friend,


Life is just not fair.


The hardworking barely scrape by.

The giving are taken advantage of.

The loving are demeaned.

The free spirited are scoffed at.

The things we want most are sometimes out of our reach.  Maybe only for a time, brief or extended, maybe forever... 

I wish you these things.  Your heart's desires.

I wish I could take away the pain you feel.  I wish I could make your dreams happen.

I wish you the world.  

But, most of all, I wish you peace.

I have felt that despair.  

I have felt that sadness.

That jealousy.

That righteous fury.

I have felt the keen sting that is watching someone who doesn't want what you want, getting it anyway.

I have died inside, watching those who don't want it, literally throw it away.

I have gone through the agonizing stages of waiting.

Countless others have felt these things as well.

You are not alone.

You are justified.

Your feelings, your desires, your dreams... they matter.  

They are not less.

YOU ARE NOT LESS.



 But if it takes both of our bodies to make your dreams happen, just say the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment