Renn Faire Privateer Gone Mom.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dessert before dinner after a week of *whoa.*

Sometimes, bad days happen.  Sometimes, a bad day happens, and it turns your week into a bad week.  Sometimes, bad days happen multiple times a week.

This was one of those weeks.  Between the sudden death of an amazing woman I wish I could have become better friends with, my anxieties about our family dreams and our hopes for easing those anxieties unfulfilled, and an unexpected contact from someone I tried to cut out of my everyday life a few months ago, I am desperately glad that tomorrow is Friday and we can lay this week to rest.


So, today, the Pirate family is having dessert before dinner.

Strawberry Mango Milkshake
About 1 cup of frozen mango chunks, 2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, and enough raw milk to blend it all together.  Made enough for Captain and I to have a big glass, while each Cabin Kid got a nearly full plastic cup each.

Also, my lilacs are blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment