Renn Faire Privateer Gone Mom.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Days 4, 5, and 6; Bump in the road? Or creating a new norm?

Miss Days 2 and 3?  Get caught up here.

Day 4!  You'll notice I'm no longer listing water, but don't worry, it's still being consumed in copious amounts!  Cabin Girl and I went shopping for a birthday party present then hit the Farmer's Market before heading to said party.  Here's how the day went.

Coffee with creamer
Steel cut oats with raisins and walnuts (yeah, sorry, no pancakes this weekend)
Banana
Chicken adobo and rice
GF cookie
Berries
Bunless burger
Potato salad
Fruit salad
Coke
Piece of cake

"WOAH WOAH WOAH, Jessica!"  I hear you saying.  "I thought you were eating clean and cutting out gluten!  Coke, potato salad, and cake?!"

Here's the dealio:

I'm not trying to diet.  I am creating a new norm.  If I can make sure my habits are strictly gluten free 99% of the time and clean 80% of the time, I'm okay with indulging in a piece of cake at a birthday party.  I know myself, and it's when I expect myself to be 100% perfect, 100% of the time that I find myself failing miserably.  Out of everything I ate in days 1-4, one thing for sure had gluten, one was likely not clean, and one was definitely not clean, but I'm okay with it.  If I expect too much of myself, I will crash and burn, and possibly do more damage to my body than what a small indulgence every few days will do.

For dinner we had baked chicken, asparagus, and a cheesy potato bake.  No treat, because I had that cake and coke earlier.  Moderation.  Plus, Captain headed out of town for a job interview (but not before THIS adventure!) and by the time I wrangled all the Cabin Kids into bed, I was ready to pass out.

Day 5.  Captain was out of town, so we went easy and simple with leftovers and snackadoos.


Coffee with creamer
Leftover steel cut oats with blueberries and walnuts
Strawberries and raspberries
Chocolate almond milk
Chicken breast and carrots
Cherries

GF cookie
Peanut butter

Dinner was cobb salad using iceberg lettuce (gifted from my lovely neighbor's garden!), sugar peas (farmer's market!),  grated carrots, avocado, hard boiled egg, chicken, and, of course, bacon)
Day 6.  Captain stayed home to get a few things taken care of and rest his shoulder that he keeps messing up playing softball.  So I took the opportunity to hit the laundromat and wash a few comforters (including the one mentioned in the adventure from day 4).  Before leaving I put a partially thawed beef roast in a baking pan, seasoned it with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and stuck it in the oven at 350 degrees.  It'll provide an easy, simple dinner tonight and leftovers for something tomorrow. 

Coffee
Omelete (spinach, italian cheese)
Raspberries
Tomato soup and grilled cheese
Peanut butter

Beef roast with onion, carrots, and red potatoes (there are no leftovers)
Yogurt with chocolate chips and pecans

This week we're getting ready for our summer vacation, so I'll be sharing a post about preparing to go 'camping' while eating clean soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment